This month's project is a Memory Quilt made from t-shirts. A friend's son is graduating from High School this month, and I volunteered my services. My friend has gathered 30+ t-shirts, of which we are using backs and fronts to make the blocks. It is going to be quite a large quilt. Egads! The last block has been cut and have lightweight interfacing attached to eliminate stretch. They are cut 12 1/2" blocks (for 12" finished). Tomorrow a few of us are gathering to do the layout.
Following the layout session, I went to work putting the blocks and sashing together. I put the pedal to the medal and zoom zoom zoom I had the quilt together. I ended up with a larger outer border than planned as the piecing we added was larger than the original 4" border.
The quilt top, batting and backing are now sandwiched and I am working on the quilting. Finished photos to be posted shortly.
Congratulations 2010 Graduates!