January 30, 2010

Make Banana Bread in your Breadmaker

You may be wondering why a sewing blog is talking about baking.  Well, as you know, us crafters need sustanance to make it through long stretches of creativity.  One of my favorites, and my family's too, is banana bread.  I had been tinkering with a recipe in my Zojirushi Breadmaker, and today have found the one - the perfect recipe.  And it was my usual banana bread recipe.  It turned out wonderful.  In fact, half the loaf was gobbled up by my family before I could even get a picture.


The photo is not as clear as I would like, but that's just my phone camera...next round I shall photograph it with my SLR, so you can get a better of idea how great it turned out.   Here's my recipe.  Happy stitching!


*  this recipe can be baked in a 9" loaf pan, or alternatively, use the cake setting on your breadmaker **

Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups Bananas - mashed
1 1/4 cup brown sugar (you can use half brown half white)
1/2 cup butter or magarine softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour


Mix all ingredients.  Bake in a greased and floured 9 inch loaf pan. 350 degrees for 55 - 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Depeding on the moisture content - I occasionally have to bake it longer than 60 minutes.

For the loaf above, I utilized the cake setting (medium crust) on my Zojirushi Breadmaker.  Dumped all the ingredients into the pan and hit start.   I scraped the sides of the pan when the beeper went off and let it do it's thing. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment